Data Governance Policy Guide
Courts, the public, and justice partners increasingly depend on ready access to accurate and timely data, which are necessary for public trust and confidence in the judiciary. Data are now strategic assets of the courts and courts need strong data governance policies and practices to address the entire life cycle of data.
Download the Data Governance Policy Guide here.
Court Statistics Project Data Governance Special Topics:
Collecting Race & Ethnicity Data
As America faces questions related to racial justice, so do courts. In addition to internal needs, courts often receive data requests seeking race and ethnicity data. This document is provided as a resource to courts.
Data Governance Resource List:
- JTC Resource Bulletin: Responding to a Cyberattack
- JTC Resource Bulletin: GDPR for US Courts
- Data Breach Notification in the United States and Territories
- Data Breaches & Victim Service providers: Considerations for developing effective policies
- Frequently Asked Questions of the VAWA confidentiality provision